The AK-PLV100 4K PL-mount studio camera carries on the legacy of VariCam with a cinematic look, V-LOG and Dual Native ISO, and streamlines multicamera live shooting to deliver another purpose built studio camera for easy CINELIVE production.
Cinematic Video with Shallow Depth of Field
The AK-PLV100 comes with a 5.7K Super 35mm sensor and PL mount to produce cinematic video with bokeh effects. Combining the visual beauty of a cinema camera with the operability of a studio camera, the AK-PLV100 achieves live video for events and sports with rich visual expression that grabs viewers attention.
• Dual Native ISO for high sensitivity and low noise
• Simultaneous HLG/ITU-R BT.2020 (4K mode) and SDR/ITU-R BT.709 (HD mode)
• V-LOG output for wide dynamic range and rich color gamut
Simple Operation without CCU
Normally, live production with a cinema camera requires the use of many external devices, but with the AK-PLV100, only the camera is needed to build a system. The AK-PLV100 outputs SMPTE ST2110 video directly from its camera head and merely requires an optical-fiber connection for return input, intercom input/output, PTP synchronization, trunk out, and tally input.
Input/output method for camera head alone
• HD mode: Uncompressed SMPTE ST2110 input/output standard
• 4K mode: SMPTE ST2110 output with JPEG-XS compression standard
• 12G-SDI output standard
Compatible with 2/3-inch Studio Camera Equipment
Compatibility with Panasonic’s 2/3-inch studio-camera system equipment allows the use of CCUs, ROPs and other accessories. Under this new concept for live production, the camera head is selected according to the desired expression.
AK-PLV100 Studio Camera System Features
• Compatibility with Panasonic’s 2/3-inch studio-camera system equipment allows the use of CCUs, ROPs and other accessories. Under this new concept for live production, the camera head is selected according to the desired expression
• Capture frame rate is switchable to Cinematic 24p/30p on 60p system, so can easily switch between a 24p/30p look and a standard broadcast 60p look
• Digital extender with signal-processing circuitry for 2x image magnification
• Remote switching of motorized ND filter
• Focus assist (Focus in Red/MAG/Focus Square) for fast, accurate focusing
• Fine adjustment of saturation and hue separately using 12-axis color correction and linear matrix
• Beautiful, natural-looking skin thanks to wrinkle and tone correction
• Shockless gain smooths out images during gain changes