JVC Full HD Video Camera
Be first On-air and first On-line with JVC’s new GY-HM890U. This advanced 3-CMOS camera delivers pristine HD images to solid state memory while streaming via Wi-Fi or a plug-in LTE modem. It features 4 channels of audio, dual memory card recording at up to 50 Mbps, an external HD-SDI pool feed input, and a full complement of fiber and multicore studio options. It’s the most feature-rich HD camera JVC has ever offered.
The JVC GY-HM890 utilizes a very nicely-weighted shoulder-mount form factor for use as an HD studio camera or multi-camera field production camera. It has a multi-pin connection that accommodates JVC fibre or multi-core camera modules and is compatible with a full range of studio components, including customised studio sled, zoom and focus controls, CCUs and 8.4-inch LCD viewfinder, as well as box-style lenses from Canon and Fujinon.
The GY-HM890 also includes an HD/SD-SDI pool feed input that can record and stream video and audio from another camera or SDI source during press conferences or other pool feed environments. The cameras also support LANC remote controllers as well as JVC’s proprietary wired remote control system.
The camcorder features three, 1/3-inch 2.07 effective megapixel CMOS sensors, capturing full 1920×1080 images. The imagers provide 12-bit processing, F12 sensitivity (50Hz) and excellent signal-to-noise ratio to produce superior colour reproduction.
Continuing JVC’s commitment to native file workflows, the GY-HM890 records HD or SD footage as Final Cut Pro (.MOV), XDCAM Ex (.MP4), AS-10 (.MXF), AVCHD (.MTS), or H.264 (.MOV) files for compatibility with most major NLE systems. Footage can be recorded using MPEG-2 or H.264 compression at a variety of bit rates, frame rates, and resolutions. Dual codecs offer simultaneous recording of a full HD file on one memory card and smaller, web friendly H.264 files on the other. Plus, a new H.264 Extreme High Quality (XHQ) recording mode, commonly used in HD SLRs, offers virtually lossless H.264 50 Mbps recording.
Dual SDHC/SDXC card slots allow simultaneous recording (for instant client copy/backup) or relay recording (for continuous shooting) to low cost, non-proprietary media. During simultaneous recording, one card can act as a continuous backup that overrides the pause function triggered by the operator. Relay recording allows virtually unlimited recording capability in the field.
The 800 Series cameras significantly expand on the live HD streaming and file transfer capabilities introduced in the popular GY-HM650 mobile news camera. JVC’s exclusive dual codec design allows the new cameras to transmit live HD footage or transfer files in the background while users continue to record footage in their normal workflow. When paired with a GSM modem or Wi-Fi adapter, which is connected directly to the camera via USB, the camera transmits footage to a facility in real time. JVC provides different stream protocols to maximize the streaming results: UDP, TCP, RTP/RTSP, ZIXI. The Advanced Streaming Technology (AST) feature provides content-aware error correction, bandwidth shaping, and real-time feedback of streaming status.
The camera features a built-in processor with proprietary algorithms that maximize bandwidth to ensure reliable transmission even under difficult conditions. Plus, advanced content aware error correction compensates for up to 30 percent packet loss, supported by Zixi streaming solution and streaming protocol. Stream and signal status is provided in the high-resolution 4.3-inch LCD monitor and LCOS colour viewfinder.
The camera provides secure FTP file transfer on location, as well as live monitoring and extensive camera and lens control via Wi-Fi from a smartphone (iPhone, Android), tablet (iPad, Android), PC or Mac. For broadcasters who use metadata, a built-in GPS allows location information to be recorded. Plus, metadata can be edited on a smartphone or tablet and transferred to the camera via Wi-Fi. The camera is also compatible with Advanced Streaming Services, powered by Zixi, for reliable live content delivery.
JVC GY-HM890 includes genlock and time code terminals for multi-camera setups, HD/SD-SDI out, HDMI out, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, and a four-channel audio system with stereo AUX inputs and two XLR mic/line inputs with phantom power. Other features include 12 assignable user buttons, 10-second Pre Rec (retro cache), focus assist, interval recording for time lapse footage and variable frame rate recording for over/under crank effects.
JVC GY-HM890U Features
- 1/3-inch 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 x 3)
- F11 Sensitivity
- Compact shoulder design with interchangeable lens options
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Recording (HD+HD, HD+SD, HD+web, etc.)
- Multiple File Formats for Native Workflows:
- XDCAM EX (.mp4)
- Final Cut (.mov)
- AS-10 (.mxf)
- AVCHD (.mts)
- H.264 (.mov)
- Virtually lossless H.264 50Mbps recording
- 4 Position ND Filter (Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
- 0.45-inch LCOS Viewfinder
- High-Resolution 4.3-inch LCD Monitor
- Histogram Display and Expanded Focus Functions
- Focus Assist Function
- 12 assignable user buttons
- Variable Frame Rate Recording (Over Cranking, Under Cranking)
- Wired Remote Control Operation
- Genlock Input and TC Input/Output
- HD/SD-SDI external input for recording and streaming (pool feed)
- 4-Channel Audio System
- Full complement of Fiber or Multicore studio accessories
- Secure FTP File Transfer from Shooting Location
- Tablet or Smartphone Camera Control and monitoring
- Metadata Editing via Network
- Advanced Streaming and Cloud Services
- Delivers reliable HD streams without a backpack or microwave link
- Single modem (unbonded) plugs directly into camera
- Camera processor optimizes stream bandwidth
- Advanced content-aware error correction (up to 30% packet loss)
- Streamconfidence provides stream and LTE status in VF
- Compatible with ProHD Broadcaster powered by Zixi