Sony HDC2500L Multi-format Camera System
The In sports, speed and accuracy are everything. When we’re talking about live sports broadcasting the same is doubly true and with the Sony HDC-3300R you can be sure that you’re capturing all the action. The Sony HDC-3300R Super Motion camera offers operators and their producers the ability to shoot 1080 Resolution at three times the normal frame rate. This allows you to capture fast moving action in crisp detail that would not be attainable in other camera systems. The HDC-3300R system not only captures all the action but can deliver it at a blazing 10Gbs over 2,500 meters to a waiting camera control unit. The HDC-3300R allows you to shoot and send uncompressed wideband signals to a sat truck for immediate packaging and delivery.
- 3x normal speed HD signal output -1080/180i (59.94i), 1080/150i (50i), 720/180P (59.94P) and 720/150P (50P)
- Long-distance optical fiber transmission
- High-quality normal-speed HD images
- Flexible system configuration compatible with other Sony broadcast camera peripherals including the RCP-700/900 series remote controllers, CNU-700 network command units and MSU-900/950 master setup units
- Focus Assist Functions
- Ergonomic Design
- Reliable Camera Head Operation
- Knee saturation
- Low-key saturation Triple skin tone detail control
- Five assignable switches
When the action is fast paced and you absolutely have to deliver high quality content to your viewers or clients, the HDC-3300R offers the flexibility and power needed to deliver. Whether it’s capturing the tie-breaking goal, or a history-making final pitch you can trust you’ll be able to capture all the action with Sony’s HDC-3300R.
From the Manufacturer
As television broadcasting evolves steadily towards High Definition (HD), there is a strong demand for a new breed of slow-motion camera systems – one that offers full HD performance. In response to this demand, Sony introduced the HDC-3300 Super Motion Camera and HDCU-3300 Camera Control Unit – its long-awaited HD slow-motion camera system. Today, it has evolved into the HDC-3300R – a next-generation model with stunning picture quality by enhanced S/N ratio, state-of-the-art features, and a host of new functions.
The HDC-3300R incorporates a newly developed CCD imager and DSP LSI, new functionality including “Viewfinder Detail” and “Focus Assist Indicator (FAI) functions as well as giving higher sensitivity and better signal to noise (S/N) ratio – allowing it to achieve the ultimate in picture performance and enhanced operational flexibility.
Sony’s cutting-edge technology enables the HDC-3300R to capture full-resolution 1920 x 1080 High Definition images at an amazing three times the normal frame rate. The CCU connects to the camera via optical fibre with digital data for perfect HD images over runs of up to 2500 metres.
The HDC-3300R camera is based on the proven HDC-1500R HD multi-format camera, and therefore offers the same functionality, including outstanding, and reliability, as well as its slow-motion capability.
In addition to its high-quality, slow-motion images, the HDC-3300R camera also provides real-time, normal-speed images thanks to a dedicated signal-processing LSI. This output is available simultaneously with the Super Motion output, allowing users to employ the HDC-3300R for both slow-motion and standard shooting purposes for increased versatility.
* The distance depends on the conditions such as the number of cables used and configuration of the system.
This product can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
Sony HDC-3300R Features
- The ultimate in High Definition Slow-Motion capture: The HDC-3300R Super Motion system allows the viewer to analyse fast moving action at one third of the normal speed, but with the enhanced resolution of HD video for astonishing detail. Even better than being there.
- HDC Family Member: The Super Motion system uses the same Fibre Optic connection and system infrastructure as the existing HDC range for seamless integration in a multi-camera studio or OB vehicles and for maximum versatility. The camera is based on the same digital processing architecture, including 16bit A/D conversion for state of the performance
- Simultaneous normal speed and Slow-Motion operation: The HDC-3300R can be used for real-time operation and Super Motion capture at the same time. This is simpler, less expensive and more user friendly than a twocamera solution, especially for Sports and Outside Broadcast applications.
- Ergonomic Design: The design of the HDC-3300R is based on over two decades of Sony experience in manufacturing broadcast video cameras and camcorders, and provides a high level of operability. All control switches and connectors are in the most logical places and are positioned for optimum functionality and ease of use
- New CCD and DSP provides even greater picture performance: The use of a new, state-of-the-art CCD sensor ensures high quality images even at low light level. The high sensitivity of F9 at 2000 lux, together with a signal-to-noise ratio of 56 dB combine to deliver unprecedented picture quality.
- Multi-format operation: The HDC-3300R can operate in a wide variety of capturing modes, including 1080 24/25/30/50/60P. Furthermore, the CCD can capture 1080 50/60P images, which can be down sampled to deliver the highest quality 720 50/60P pictures.
- Built-in down-convertor in the camera head for stand-alone use: The camera provides two HD SDI outputs and one digitally down-converted SDI or analogue composite output. In addition, viewfinder signals with characters can be output from the SDI output connector, giving camera operators additional convenience.
- Sophisticated large lens adaptor design with one-touch,cable-free docking: The HDLA-1500 large lens adaptor includes a unique mechanism which allows the HDC-3300R to be quickly and easily attached and detached without removing the large lens. No additional cable connections are necessary
- Transparent digital fibre optic transmission: The HDC-3300R provides a fully digital transmission link to the base station. Using SMPTE standard hybrid fibre/copper cable, this allows completely transparent transmission of full bandwidth video and audio signals over cable length of up to 3000 metres.