-V-RAPTOR 8K VV Camera System-
V-RAPTOR 8K VV is the most powerful and advanced RED cinema camera ever. As the brand’s new flagship system and sensor, as well as the first entrant into the new DSMC3 generation of cameras, V-RAPTOR stands alone at the forefront of digital image capture technology.
Featuring a groundbreaking multi-format 8K sensor- with the ability to shoot 8K Large Format or 6K S35, it unlocks the largest lens selection of any comparable camera on the market and allows shooters the ability to always deliver at over 4K. The sensor also boasts the highest recorded dynamic range of any RED camera and the fastest ever cinema quality scan time. With a dynamic range of over 17 stops and featuring scan times 2x faster than any previous RED camera, allowing users to capture up to 600 fps at 2K. V-RAPTOR will also continue to feature RED’s proprietary REDcode RAW codec, allowing users to capture 16-bit RAW, and leverage RED’s latest IPP2 workflow and color management.
Along with a new flagship sensor, the V-RAPTOR features a modernized platform in an amazingly compact package weighing in at barely over 4 lbs. With two 4K 12G-SDI outputs, XLR audio and phantom power via adapter, and 1080p livestream, this system can handle most anything a shooter can throw at it.
– DSMC3 RED Touch 7″ LCD Monitor –
The DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0″ LCD offers an HD viewing experience for recording and viewing footage on the V-RAPTOR camera system. A 1920 x 1200 resolution display panel with peak brightness of 1300 nits and high pixel density (at 322 ppi), not only provides the optimal experience when viewing footage, but also features 100% DCI-P31 Color Gamut coverage for tremendous color accuracy. The monitor also features full control over the camera via the new responsive menu system powered by SmallHD PageOS, bringing features like Waveform, Vectorscope, Histogram, False Color, Color Picker, Pixel Zoom & more.
The lightweight display features a removable integrated tilt arm with the capability to rotate 180 degrees for versatile mounting options. It also boasts the latest generation pogo pins to provide power and video to the monitor in addition to the ability to connect via a single-locking USB-C style DSMC3 RMI Cable for video and power. No additional SDI or power cables are needed.
Note: The DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0″ LCD is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– PRO 2TB CFexpress Memory Card –
Designed in collaboration with Angelbird Technologies to specifically to meet the high-performance needs of the V-RAPTOR system and 8K acquisition, the RED PRO CFexpress 2TB are the official certified media cards for the V-RAPTOR camera system. The media is CFexpress 2.0 Type B compliant and supports precision recording of high bit-rate files with industrial-grade performance and durability extended through the capacity of the card.
2TB High Capacity
This 2TB card meets all of RED’s quality, performance, and endurance specifications, with comparable performance to prior RED media options (e.g. RED MINI-MAGs).
Note: RED PRO CFexpress is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– CFexpress Card Reader –
The RED CFexpress Card Reader is designed exclusively for offloading data from RED PRO CFexpress 2TB media cards to your workstation. Connect to your camera via USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 for fast ingestion of CFexpress (20 Gb/s).
For additional data safety, flip on the write-protect switch located at the back of the card reader.
– REDVOLT MICRO-G Battery Pack –
With a 98Wh flight-safe capacity, the REDVOLT MICRO-G Battery packs a big punch in a very small package for those looking to use Gold Mount/3-Stud Batteries. Weighing barely over 1lb and measuring 3.93″x2.82″x1.94″, along with 12Amp cells for high output, it’s the perfect compact and capable to power your V-RAPTOR with a Gold Mount Adapter and accessories.
REDVOLT MICRO-G was designed in partnership with Core SWX and is compatible with most cameras/modules that accept Gold Mount batteries.
Note: The REVOLT MICRO-G is not compatible KOMODO, but may be compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, and RED RANGER camera systems with a compatible module.
– Compact Dual Gold Mount Charger –
The RED Compact Dual Gold Mount Charger offers dual-simultaneous Gold Mount charging for the REDVOLT MICRO-G batteries. With up to 3amps to provide charge for two batteries in less than 4.5 hours, it will help ensure you can continue shooting with your V-RAPTOR.
RED Compact Dual Gold Mount Charger was designed in partnership with Core SWX and is compatible with most Gold Mount batteries.
– Tactical Top Plate with Gold Mount Battery Adapter –
The V-RAPTOR Tactical Top Plate w/ Battery Adapter provides a way to securely mount a larger battery to the back of the camera and mount/ power accessories from the Top Plate. The Top Plate includes two 2-Pin Aux power outputs, assistant side LED light, multiple 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 mounting threads and pogo connection system to interface with the battery adapter.
The Battery Adapter includes a P-tap/D-tap and an E-Fuse safety system and pogo connection system to interface with the Top Plate.
Note: The V-RAPTOR Tactical Top Plate w/ Battery Adapter is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– Top Handle with Extensions Kit –
V-RAPTOR Top Handle w/ Extensions kit provides a complete modular Top Handle solution for V-RAPTOR allowing for light-weight or extended wrap around style configurations.
V-RAPTOR Top Handle features a dedicated Start/Stop Button, ergonomic Bocote wood inlays, and multiple 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 mounting points. Additionally, includes 1″, 3″ and 5″ Top Handle Extension pieces, Elbow piece and a 15mm Monitor Mount.
Note: The V-RAPTOR Top Handle is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– V-RAPTOR Expander Blade –
V-RAPTOR Expander Blade is designed to support professional shooting configurations. With options for video and communication connections, including Genlock (BNC), Timecode 5-Pin, R/S (Run/Stop) 3-Pin, and RED CTRL 4-pin. The V-RAPTOR Expander Blade creates the flexibility to support a vast array of options when it comes to how users will rig their V-RAPTOR.
The V-RAPTOR Quick Release Platform Pack Arca Plate (included w/ Expander Blade) is required for the V-RAPTOR Expander Blade to attach to the camera.
• The V-RAPTOR Expander Module is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems
• The 3-Pin Run/Stop connection is for trigger only & does not supply power
• The V-RAPTOR Expander Blade is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems
– V-RAPTOR Quick Release Platform Pack –
The V-RAPTOR Quick Release Platform Pack provides a compact lightweight shooting configuration for V-RAPTOR users. Featuring Arca Swiss style mount plate and a secure safety lock system with level locks. Also supports the battery adapters, expander blade and side ribs with screw-in support for maximum versatility. Additionally offers the ability to mount 15MM LWS accessories, such as matte boxes, lens support, or wireless follow focus systems.
Note: The V-RAPTOR Quick Release Platform Pack is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– DSMC3 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter –
The DSMC3 RED 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter is a compact solution to break out the 5-Pin ODU port to Dual 3-Pin XLR ports. The Adapter can provide 48v phantom power with mic & line input and is easily mounted to your V-RAPTOR via 3/8-16 screw.
Note: The DSMC3 RED 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– Production Grip –
The RED Production Grips provide adjustable and comfortable support and mobility for your V-RAPTOR or other compatible cinema camera. With dual ergonomic grips that attach directly to V-RAPTOR Side Ribs or other rosette mounting points.
Note: The RED Production Grips are not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2 or KOMODO but will be compatible with RED RANGER or other cinema camera systems being used with accessories featuring standard rosettes.
RED Digital Cinema V-RAPTOR Features
- V-RAPTOR 8K VV DSMC3 Camera Features
- Lightweight & Compact DSMC3 Design
- Up to 8K120 17:9, 6K198 S35 & 4K240 17:9
- 35.4MP Full-Frame, Rolling Shutter CMOS
- 17+ Stops Dynamic Range
- Compact Micro-V Batteries
- Canon RF Lens Support
- CFexpress 2.0 Type-B Card
- REDcode Raw HQ, MQ & LQ Options
- Right-Side LCD Screen User Interface
- USB Type-C & Dual 12G-SDI Ports
- DSMC3 Touch 7″ LCD Monitor Features
- Touchscreen Camera Control
- 1920 x 1200 Resolution
- 180deg Rotation, 1800 cd/m Brightness
- 7″ Daylight-Viewable LCD, 322 ppi
- PRO 2TB CFexpress Memory Card Features
- For Photos, Videos, and Raw 4K to 12K
- Magnetic Proof
- Can with stand Extreme Temperatures
- Designed by Angelbird for RED
- Shock/Dust/Water/X-Ray Proof
- CFexpress Card Reader Features
- Bus Powered
- CFexpress 2.0 Type B Card Slot
- USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Interface (20 Gb/s)
- Write-Protect Switch
- REDVOLT MICRO-G Battery Features
- 98Wh flight-safe capacity
- 12Amp cells for high output
- It’s the perfect compact and capable option to power your V-RAPTOR and accessories
- Compact Dual Gold Mount Charger Features
- Dual-simultaneous Gold Mount charging
- Charges REDVOLT MICRO-G batteries
- 3Amps to provide charge for two batteries in less than 4.5 hours
- It will help ensure you can continue shooting with your V-RAPTOR
- Tactical Top Plate with Gold Mount Battery Adapter Features
- Two 2-Pin Aux power outputs
- Assistant side LED light
- Multiple 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 mounting threads
- Pogo connection system to interface with the battery adapter
- P-tap/D-tap and an E-Fuse safety system
- Top Handle with Extensions Kit Features
- Start/Stop Button
- Ergonomic Bocote wood inlays
- Multiple 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 mounting points
- V-RAPTOR Tactical Top Plate is required to secure Top Handle Support Arm to the camera
- V-RAPTOR Expander Blade Features
- Designed to support professional shooting configurations
- Timecode 5-Pin, R/S (Run/Stop) 3-Pin, and RED CTRL 4-pin
- V-RAPTOR Quick Release Platform Pack Features
- Provides a compact lightweight shooting configuration for V-RAPTOR users
- Arca Swiss style mount plate and a secure safety lock system with level locks
- DSMC3 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter Features
- Compact solution to break out the 5-Pin ODU port to Dual 3-Pin XLR ports
- Adapter can provide 48v phantom power with mic & line input
- Production Grip Features
- Compatible with V-RAPTOR or other cinema camera
- 7075 Aluminum and Rubber Material