V-Raptor 8K S35 is a compact and powerful system, fully functional in its smallest form or ready to be built out for any style of production. With the release of the RED V-Raptor S35, you can now accommodate Super 35mm lenses and capture full 8K resolution — even at 8K 120fps. It also comes with 16.5+ stops of dynamic range, an integrated control display, and 4K 12G-SDI outputs. Cinematographers, production companies, rental houses, and independent filmmakers will appreciate the V-Raptor S35’s advanced capabilities. Adding this camera to your gear will prove to be a future- proof investment for years to come.
Compact Form Factor.
A small & versatile form factor that can accomodate small run & fun shooting styles as well as rigged up on a larger production.
Integrated Control Display.
With an array of in comprehensive, easy to use controls, in-camera format selection, full button customization & status updates, all in a user friendly display.
Operate V-Raptor remotely with wireless connectivity via the free Red Control app, available on iOS & Android.
An expansion of the most powerful and advanced red camera platform ever. V-RAPTOR XL includes the I/O, features, and workflows large-scale productions want in an all-in-one body.
V-RAPTOR XL is the perfect solution to support high-end television, motion picture productions, and professional projects requiring an all-in-one solution.
Optimized Lens Coverage
With two sensor options, customers can choose the sensor format that is most compatible with their lens choices and the one that best suits their shooting style.
• FUJINON 25-1000 F2.8 Zoom
• Canon Cine-Servo 50-1000mm T5.0-8.9 PL Wildlife Zooms
• Optimo Style 25-250 4th Generation of 10x Spherical Zoom Lens Cinema Zooms
• ARRI Zeiss Super Speeds Vintage Cinema Primes
• SUMMILUX-C | Leitz Cine Modern Cinema Primes
V-RAPTOR 8K S35
Sensor offers the widest lens selection at the highest resolution. Capture smooth and faithful character from classic cinema lenses to broadcast zooms. These lenses are just a few examples of what makes a perfect match with the V-RAPTOR 8K S35.
Integrated Electronic ND System with Precision Control
THE V-RAPTOR XL features an all-new electronic ND system which provides unprecedented precision controls for no-compromise exposure management.
Precise Exposure Control
Cycle through 1/4, 1/3 or full stop increments to choose exact exposures without compromising the intended shutter speed or aperture. Includes various methods of control via dedicated buttons, LCD display, monitor, or remotely via app / RCP2.
Industry Standard Integrated I/O Array
V-RAPTOR XL features the most flexible and robust power and I/O ecosystem available in the market today. 4K and HD SDI monitoring, support for direct-attach monitor, discreet LUT management, intuitively placed power outputs, all designed to support large productions.
Rear I/O Array
• Industry standard integrated I/O array 12V auxiliary power outputs provide support for camera assistants and a centralized source to power all peripherals
• 5-Pin TC, BNC Genlock, Gig-E and USB-C for remote camera control, and 3x 12g SDI provide ultimate accessibility and on-set support for the DIT
Front-Facing I/O Array
• Dual 24V 3-Pin Fischer connectors power assistants high torque lens controllers and supports remote camera run/stop
• 3AMP 24V shared capacity ensures motors receive the power they need to drive even the stiffest of lenses
• More versatility and control for operators and ACS
• Front facing 3G-SDI and 2-Pin 12V power supports any operators monitoring preference
More Power Options & Flexibility
Offering the widest power source compatibility of any comparable cinema camera.
Dual-Voltage Battery Support
With the versatility to utilize 24-34V high-voltage batteries with multiple auxiliary power outputs, transforming the V-RAPTOR XL into the power management hub for all accessories, or standard 12V-16V batteries when auxiliary power is not needed.
Available In V-Lock or Gold Mount Variants
Offered in both industry standard v-lock and gold mount bodies, choose the power option to suit your needs.
Compatible with Standard 14V and 26V V-Lock, Gold Mount, Gold Mount Plus and Core SWX Helix Batteries for Maximum Flexibility.
Advanced Intelligent Focus Options
V-RAPTOR XL features in-camera AI processing and on-sensor enhanced phase detect autofocus, offering the versatility and confidence for users to bring its unparalleled cinematic image performance into new worlds. Upcoming enhancements also include face detection and object tracking.
Virtual & Remote Production
V-RAPTOR XL provides multiple camera side solutions for filmmakers to confidently enter the quickly evolving worlds of virtual and remote production without compromising on image quality or camera system performance.
• Fast-Rolling Shutter – 2x Faster Than Any Previous Red Sensor
• Fine Degree of Control / Fine-Tuning Shutter Angle
• Sensor Sync Shift and PTP Sync
• IP Based Remote Control and Viewing
• Network Control Capabilities Such As Livefeed, Camera Control and Settings Control
• Multi-Camera Control
• Low-Latency SDI Feeds
• Realtime Camera and Lens Metadata
Wireless Timecode & Genlock
Without the restrictions of a wired connection, filmmakers and crew can benefit from the convenience and versatility of how and where they choose to sync.
Multiple sync options
Seamlessly bring the red cinematic look beyond cinema and into the world of sports, music, and more with V-RAPTOR XL supporting sync over PTP, cabled tri-level Genlock, or wirelessly through the ACN network.
Advanced Cooling System
The xl system features an all new three-stage cooling system. Dedicated fans cool both auxiliary power components and camera components separately, while a thermoelectric heat exchanger maintains precise sensor temperature. This advanced cooling system means quieter operation, less black shading, and a more robust system no matter the environment
Media CF Express
V-RAPTOR XL uses standardized and high-performance media to ensure the best reliability and performance possible.
Red Control Pro
Operate one or multiple V-RAPTOR XL’s over an IP connection to synchronize settings, manage media files locally or upload directly to frameio, develop custom looks with advanced cdl and LUT controls, and more.
Ideal for control of multi-camera arrays, multi-cam shoots, and live events, all from one central location.
Operate V-RAPTOR XL remotely with wireless connectivity via the free red control app, available now for iOS and android devices.
RED Digital Cinema V-RAPTOR XL Features
- All-in-one body measuring 8.5 x 6.5 x 6″ and weighing 8 lbs with PL Mount
- Electronic ND system for precise exposure control
- Interchangeable lens mount
- Compatibility with both 26V V-Mount batteries with an array of high performance 12V and 24V outputs
- Includes a built in Ambient Lockit module capable of wirelessly syncing Timecode and Genlock