V-Raptor 8K S35 is a compact and powerful system, fully functional in its smallest form or ready to be built out for any style of production. With the release of the RED V-Raptor S35, you can now accommodate Super 35mm lenses and capture full 8K resolution — even at 8K 120fps. It also comes with 16.5+ stops of dynamic range, an integrated control display, and 4K 12G-SDI outputs. Cinematographers, production companies, rental houses, and independent filmmakers will appreciate the V-Raptor S35’s advanced capabilities. Adding this camera to your gear will prove to be a future- proof investment for years to come.
Compact Form Factor.
A small & versatile form factor that can accomodate small run & fun shooting styles as well as rigged up on a larger production.
Integrated Control Display.
With an array of in comprehensive, easy to use controls, in-camera format selection, full button customization & status updates, all in a user friendly display.
Operate V-Raptor remotely with wireless connectivity via the free Red Control app, available on iOS & Android.
– V-RAPTOR 8K S35 DSMC3 Cinema Camera –
The most advanced red ever | up to 120 fps at 8k
A compact and powerful system, fully functional in its smallest form or ready to be built out for any style of production.
• Sensor options multi-format 8K S35
• Frame rates up to 120fps @ 8K
• Dynamic range 16.5+ stops
• Fast sensor scan time 2x faster for reduced artifacts
• Integrated control display
• Compact form factor
• Advanced intelligent focus options
• Lens mount locking RF & /I PL compatible
Optimized lens coverage
With two sensor options, customers can choose the sensor format that is most compatible with their lens choices and the one that best suits their shooting style.
• Fujinon 25-1000 F2.8 Zoom Broadcast Zooms
• Canon Cine-Servo 50-1000mm T5.0-8.9 PL Wildlife Zooms
• Optimo Style 25-250 4th Generation Of 10x Spherical Zoom Lens Cinema Zooms
• Arri Zeiss Super Speeds Vintage Cinema Primes
• Summilux-C|Leitz Cine Modern Cinema Primes
V-Raptor 8k S35
V-Raptor 8k S35 sensor offers the widest lens selection at the highest resolution. Capture smooth and faithful character from classic cinema lenses to broadcast zooms. These lenses are just a few examples of what makes a perfect match with the V-Raptor 8K S35.
Every camera in the red lineup offers powerful frame rate performance. Shooters can add unique elements like timelapse or speed-ramping to narrative work, pull sharp stills to capture any moment, or replace their specialty-cam shots.
Modernized DSMC3 platform
Compact form factor
A small and versatile form factor that can accommodate small run-and-gun shooting styles as well as rigged up on a larger production.
At just 4lbs, V-Raptor is versatile enough to be used in drones as gimbals as well.
Robust professional I/O array
• 2x 4K 12G-SDI Outputs
• Locking audio connector w/ phantom power
• 1080p wireless livestream
• USB-C interface for remote control, offload, and 8k streaming with red connect
• Genlock, timecode-in, GPIO and CTRL (RS-232) via the integrated 9-pin Ext Port
Integrated control display
• Comprehensive controls
• In-camera format selection
• Customized buttons
• Status updates
• And more
Advanced intelligent focus options
V-raptor features in-camera ai processing and on-sensor enhanced phase detect autofocus, offering the versatility and confidence for users to bring its unparalleled cinematic image performance into new worlds. Upcoming enhancements also include face detection and object tracking.
Virtual & remote production
V-raptor provides multiple camera side solutions for filmmakers to confidently enter the quickly evolving worlds of virtual and remote production without compromising on image quality or camera system performance.
Red connect – 8k live cinematic streaming
Red connect streams full resolution, live R3D video over an ip network by simply connecting the v-raptor to a camera control unit with an ethernet cable.
Rugged and durable design
Water and dust resistant.
Media CF Express
V-raptor uses standardized and high-performance media to ensure the best reliability and performance possible.
Power Micro V-Lock
Offering the widest power source compatibility of any comparable cinema camera.
Operate v-raptor remotely with wireless connectivity via the free red control app, available now for IOS and android devices.
Red control pro
Operate one or multiple v-raptor’s over an ip connection to synchronize settings, manage media files locally or upload directly to frameio, develop custom looks with advanced cdl and lut controls, and more.
Ideal for control of multi-camera arrays, multi-cam shoots, and live events, all from one central location.
– DSMC AC Power Adapter Pack –
The DSMC AC Power Adapter Pack provides power through DC-IN power port for DSMC, DSMC2, and V-RAPTOR camera systems.
The DSMC and DSMC2 camera systems do not have a DC-IN power port. A port expander or power module is required to power the camera.
Note: DSMC AC Power Adapter Pack is not compatible with RED ONE, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– DSMC3 RED Touch 7″ LCD Monitor –
The DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0″ LCD offers an HD viewing experience for recording and viewing footage on the V-RAPTOR camera system. A 1920 x 1200 resolution display panel with peak brightness of 1300 nits and high pixel density (at 322 ppi), not only provides the optimal experience when viewing footage, but also features 100% DCI-P31 Color Gamut coverage for tremendous color accuracy. The monitor also features full control over the camera via the new responsive menu system powered by SmallHD PageOS, bringing features like Waveform, Vectorscope, Histogram, False Color, Color Picker, Pixel Zoom & more.
The lightweight display features a removable integrated tilt arm with the capability to rotate 180 degrees for versatile mounting options. It also boasts the latest generation pogo pins to provide power and video to the monitor in addition to the ability to connect via a single-locking USB-C style DSMC3 RMI Cable for video and power. No additional SDI or power cables are needed.
Note: The DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0″ LCD is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– PRO CFexpress 2TB Memory Card –
Designed in collaboration with Angelbird Technologies to specifically meet the high-performance needs of the V-RAPTOR system and 8K acquisition, the RED PRO CFexpress 2TB are the official certified media cards for the V-RAPTOR camera system. The media is CFexpress 2.0 Type B compliant and supports precision recording of high bit-rate files with industrial-grade performance and durability extended through the capacity of the card.
2TB High Capacity
These cards meet all of RED’s quality, performance, and endurance specifications, with comparable performance to prior RED media options (e.g. RED MINI-MAGs).
Note: RED PRO CFexpress is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
– CFexpress Card Reader –
The RED CFexpress Card Reader is designed exclusively for offloading data from RED PRO CFexpress 660GB and 2TB media cards to your workstation. Connect to your camera via USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 for fast ingestion of CFexpress (20 Gb/s).
For additional data safety, flip on the write-protect switch located at the back of the card reader.
– REDVOLT MICRO-V Battery –
With a 98Wh flight-safe capacity, the REDVOLT MICRO-V Battery packs a big punch in a very small package. Weighing barely over 1 lb and measuring 3.93″ x 2.82″ x 1.94″, along with 12Amp cells for high output, it’s the perfect compact and capable option to power your V-RAPTOR and accessories. REDVOLT MICRO-V was designed in partnership with Core SWX and is compatible with most cameras/modules that accept V-Lock batteries.
Note: The REDVOLT MICRO-V is not compatible with KOMODO but may be compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER camera systems with a compatible V-Lock module.
– Compact Dual V-Lock Charger –
The RED Compact Dual V-Lock Charger offers dual-simultaneous V-Mount charging for the REDVOLT MICRO-V batteries. With up to 3amps to charge 2 batteries in less than 4.5 hours, it will help ensure you can continue shooting with your V-RAPTOR. RED Compact Dual V-Lock Charger was designed in partnership with Core SWX and is compatible with most V-Lock batteries.
– Tactical Top Plate with V-Lock Battery Adapter –
The V-RAPTOR Tactical Top Plate w/ Battery Adapter provides a way to securely mount a larger battery to the back of the camera and mount/ power accessories from the Top Plate. The Top Plate includes two 2-Pin Aux power outputs, assistant side LED light, multiple 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 mounting threads and pogo connection system to interface with the battery adapter. The Battery Adapter includes a P-tap/D-tap and an E-Fuse safety system and pogo connection system to interface with the Top Plate.
• SMBUS Pass-through feature only available on V-Lock Adapter
• The V-RAPTOR Tactical Top Plate w/ Battery Adapter is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems
– Top Handle with Extensions Kit –
V-RAPTOR Top Handle w/ Extensions kit provides a complete modular Top Handle solution for V-RAPTOR allowing for light-weight or extended wrap around style configurations. V-RAPTOR Top Handle features a dedicated Start/Stop Button, ergonomic Bocote wood inlays, and multiple 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 mounting points. Additionally, includes 1″, 3″ and 5″ Top Handle Extension pieces, Elbow piece and a 15mm Monitor Mount.
• V-RAPTOR Tactical Top Plate is required to secure Top Handle Support Arm to the camera
• The V-RAPTOR Top Handle is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems
– V-RAPTOR Expander Blade –
V-RAPTOR Expander Blade is designed to support professional shooting configurations. With options for video and communication connections, including Genlock (BNC), Timecode 5-Pin, R/S (Run/Stop) 3-Pin, and RED CTRL 4-pin. The V-RAPTOR Expander Blade creates the flexibility to support a vast array of options when it comes to how users will rig their V-RAPTOR.
RED Digital Cinema V-RAPTOR 8K S35 Features
- V-RAPTOR 8K S35 DSMC3 Camera Features
- Compact body measuring only 6 x 4.25 x 4.25″ and just over 4 lbs with integrated RF Mount
- Rugged dust and water resistant design
- Robust professional I/O array including 2x 12G SDI outputs and 5-pin audio connector w/phantom power capability
- Integrated and easy-to-navigate control display
- USB-C interface for remote control, ethernet offload, and more
- Compatibility with RED Control app
- DSMC3 Touch 7″ LCD Monitor Features
- Touchscreen Camera Control
- 1920 x 1200 Resolution
- 180deg Rotation, 1800 cd/m Brightness
- 7″ Daylight-Viewable LCD, 322 ppi
- PRO CFexpress 2TB Memory Card Features
- For Photos, Videos, and Raw 4K to 12K
- Magnetic Proof
- Can Withstand Extreme Temperatures
- Designed by Angelbird for RED
- Shock / Dust / Water / X-Ray Proof
- CFexpress Card Reader Features
- Bus Powered
- CFexpress 2.0 Type B Card Slot
- USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Interface (20 Gb/s)
- Write-Protect Switch
- REDVOLT MICRO-V Battery Features
- Compact, Micro V-Mount Form
- Powers RED V-RAPTOR Camera
- Transmits Camera & Select Accessory Data
- 98Wh, Supports up to 12A Draw
- Compact Dual V-Lock Charger Features
- Charge 2x 98Wh Packs in <5 Hours
- Charges 2x REDVOLT MICRO-V Batteries
- Dual-Bay V-Mount Charger, Compact Size
- Simultaneous Charging at 3 A
- Tactical Top Plate with V-Lock Battery Adapter Features
- Two 2-Pin Aux power outputs
- Assistant side LED light
- Multiple 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 mounting threads
- Pogo connection system to interface with the battery adapter
- P-tap/D-tap and an E-Fuse safety system
- SMBUS Pass-through feature
- Top Handle with Extensions Features
- Start/Stop Button
- Ergonomic Bocote wood inlays
- Multiple 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 mounting points
- V-RAPTOR Tactical Top Plate is required to secure Top Handle Support Arm to the camera
- V-RAPTOR Expander Blade Features
- Designed to support professional shooting configurations
- Timecode 5-Pin, R/S (Run/Stop) 3-Pin, and RED CTRL 4-pin
- V-RAPTOR Quick Release Platform Pack Features
- Provides a compact lightweight shooting configuration for V-RAPTOR users
- Arca Swiss style mount plate and a secure safety lock system with level locks
- DSMC3 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter Features
- Compact solution to break out the 5-Pin ODU port to Dual 3-Pin XLR ports
- Adapter can provide 48v phantom power with mic & line input
- Production Grip Features
- Compatible with V-RAPTOR or other cinema camera
- 7075 Aluminum and Rubber Material